Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pictures with Santa, and Turkey Day in Colorado


Every year we travel to Grand Junction Colorado for Thanksgiving. We eat till we are busting out the seams at Aunt Kay's home. We have such a great time there. They live on 5 acres (I think) and my kids can run until their hearts content. Then on black Friday, Shane and I go shopping. Our friends Jerrud and Lynn have gone with us in the previous years, but now there family has moved from Grand Junction, so this year it was just Shane and I. Since I felt there were not any OH I HAVE TO HAVE IT deals, Shane and I just made a few stops to pick a couple things up for Shayna's birthday. After a few hours of shopping we met our kids, Gary & Judy, and Grandma Richardson at the most fabulous restaurant Starvin' Arvins. They have THE BEST breakfast that I have ever had and to top it off they are cheap. After that is was time to head home for a nap, because that night we were going to go to a craft show and see Santa and the lights turned on on Main street. Every year in GJ they have a great craft show at Two River convention center. Santa comes and sees the kids and every kid their gets a toy, and not just like a dollar store toy, but a pretty nice toy. I love going to the craft show, the smells, music, and of coarse the fabulous crafts. I love going to GJ, it is such a nice town and Shane's family is so much fun.

3 comments:

ColoMtnBy73 said...

Of course GJ is awesome. I seem to remember when you thouught it was a hole. We have turned you though, how times change.

By the way... The Biscuit Supreme at Arvin's might be my favorite breaksfast of ALL time.

Hope You All Are Doing Well.

g

Kim H said...

They look so adorable.

Miracle said...

You can't beat Starvin' Arvins.... That place ALWAYS makes me think of Grandpa Richardson. I miss GJ and the holidays. I am glad you guys had such a great time!