Shayna has been playing soccer for over 3 years. She is the team goalie. This last season we played in the co-ed under 8 division and they definatley held their own aganist the boys. Then we went to the Rugrat tournament this year we played in the under 9 girls division. This particular weekend was the same weekend that I hurt my back, Shayna got baptized, and I had 15 family members staying at my home. Shayna and her team played very well. They played a game on Sunday morning and it was very exciting! The game was tied and we had to go to penalty kicks. Now, our team has never done that nor have they practiced it. We were all holding our breath!! Our girls scored all 4 of their kicks and Shayna blocked 2 of the 4 kicks, so their was no reason to kick a 5th kick. We ended up winning the game 6 to 4. We ended the tournament 4-0, and received 1st place. It was SO exciting, and I was so nervous. I think that it is much harder for a parent to watch their child to play than to actually play themselves. We devote a lot of time and effort to soccer and after that game it made it all worth it. Oh, and accoring to her coach she is the best U-9 girls goalie in the state! Such a huge compilament for Shayna!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Rugrat Tournment 2008
Posted by Kari at 3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Hey Sister Thompson this is Danielle Wagasky form church. I didn't know you had a blog.man a lot of people form our ward are bloggers huh? I found you through Laura Zemp. Your blog and family are so cute. my blog is private. If you e-mail me Paps4u@aol.com I can send you an invite to see my blog.
Post a Comment